Skip to main content

January 5, 2013

I'm going to start today's blog with a little reflection on the time I spent with mom yesterday...I don't think that I can really portray exactly what it's like to visit with her. All I can think about is the word "hope".

I hope that she:

- continues to progress - Her speech is slow and on an intermediate level.
- can regain her short term memory - she's not remembering the days from right before she was 
   sick (including Christmas).
- can regain her arm strength to begin to feed herself and not have to be fed by someone else.
- can regain her leg strength to be able to walk again - even if it is wobbly
- can regain her hand function to be able to cross-stitch again.
- can regain the ability to comprehend what has happened during this time so that she may be at peace
   with it.

 I do have faith in my Lord that He can do all things...but this would be the beginning of my list, not only for my mom...but for my dad.

I hope that he:

- gains the patience needed to deal with these complex situations
- gains the inner strength from God to have faith in Him
- knows that it's okay to ask for help - no matter how much pride he has
- continues to love my mom for all that she is and has the ability to become

With all of this...here is her status for the day!

Mom was able to "dangle" - this means she was able to sit on the side of her bed unassisted and have her feet dangle toward the floor.

She is now off of all of her IV medications (other than one) - she now has the ability to take all of her normal medications orally!

She had a 3 hour dialysis treatment today to clean her blood as her kidneys are not doing it on their own just yet.

She is being moved this evening to an intermediate care room and out of the ICU. This is especially exciting because the grand kids (Nana's "bugs") will now be able to visit her. We are hoping that this will assist in her healing!

It is with heavy hearts that we "Wright" girls are thinking of ways that we can continue assisting my dad through this since we are all headed back to our own homes tomorrow. There are bills to be paid, hospital bills looming over dads head, the house that needs continued up keep, laundry to be done....and the list goes on. Dad is literally at the hospital at 8 am as soon as visiting hours begin until 10 PM when they end...all the while having to run a business he owns and operates. If you know him well...he is so prideful we don't know the best way to approach it. May the Lord please give him the strength to make it through this time and allow him to ask for help when needed.

Until next time...

Comments

  1. Sounds like Debbie is on the mend and your dad and all the issues he got on his shoulders are in our prayer list, too! Jesus can handle all those problems...He's got GREAT BIG shoulders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strength… #forthewrightreasons

August 21, 2019…it was just another time of crazy happening…this time to fix the 99% blockage in your heart. I was scared.  The odds were stacked against you. It was then that you held me in your arms, and comforted me instead of the other way around. You told me during that embrace that you weren’t scared of the outcome because either way you would be healed on earth or healed and in Heaven. My anxiety was so high and you held me as I cried…you did everything you could to reassure me that there was so much peace in your mind and heart and you showed me what true strength looked like.  We took this picture, because I was afraid it would be the last time I would get to see you. Through my tears you comforted me, as any mother would, but that day, you showed me what compassion felt like. You fought so hard those next few days - especially the next, when you coded from losing so much blood...you fought so hard the following 6 months for everything to be the best you could make it.  Little

Brooklyn's Drawing

My niece Brooklyn (4) drew this picture for nana...

December 31, 2012

Mom update (Monday): the doctor's keep saying she's doing well. She is breathing on her own for a while then when it becomes too laboring they turn on the oxygen to assist her but its only around 20%. Then they turn it off again and keep going back and forth. The X-rays are not showing any difference on the pneumonia. They say that this is to be expected though with her body being immunosuppressed ... (from the heart transplant). The cardiologist continues to monitor her heart function and says it's doing great! They are trying to give her lasiks to increase her outflow (which is how to get the pneumonia out) but when they do her blood pressure goes too low so they back off. They are optimistic and say it will just take time. Their first goal is to get her stabilized enough to take out the tube. As a family, we appreciate the continued prayers and thoughts. It's been tough knowing that when she does "wake up" that it will be a new year...but as my dad so wond