Skip to main content

January 6, 2013

Mom was finally moved to an intermediate care room last night as she continues on the path to recovery.

The results of her cat scan from the other evening were good - confirmed no stroke. However, her speech is still slow and you can tell she's confused so they did an EEG today. She's having some difficulty answering some simple questions such as 2+2, her birthday, and what month it is. She does know that its 2013 but I think thats only because we told her (a few days ago though...). She did tell me on Friday that she doesn't understand...
"can't fathom 2013".

We went to see her today on our way home. The kids (Trey, Morgan, Liberty, Hailey, & Brooklyn) finally got to see her as well! We are hoping that it will help with her recovery. She did perk up just a bit but not like I had hoped. However...I still have hope as she had a pretty exhausting day with the EEG test. She looked tired!

She's not sleeping very well...she told dad a few days ago that she's scared to because she's afraid she won't wake up. She's not eating well either. She didn't like her lunch yesterday, and refused to eat breakfast or lunch today.

She seems like more and more of herself though...rolled her eyes at me when I told her to be nice to daddy. I'm thinking that she's getting tired if everyone talking to her like a child...but that's the way she responds to us...I just don't know! I kind of hope that some news comes back with the EEG from today so the doctors know what's going on!

She did start working with a physical therapist yesterday. She's able to wiggle fingers and toes but struggles to lift her arms and legs. She turns her head from side to side just fine and does respond to you when you ask her something. It takes a minute and she opens her eyes wide at you to focus but over all I do think she's slowly progressing.

My prayer today continues to be for her strength. I want her to eat so badly! That's the best way for her to gain her strength. I want dad to be able to stay patient with her as I couldn't even image how confused she still is. I also pray for dad because we are now all headed to our own "homes" to try and live life as normal and he will have the load of dealing with it all alone. He keeps saying, "I don't know why you girls keep worrying about me! I've done this before...". The problem is...this time it IS different. She's had issues and been in the hospital before...yes...but she's never been so confused and she's never been so disoriented. I just pray that things will get better soon...as I couldn't fathom doing care for her all alone.

Love you mommy & daddy!! Continued prayers for you both!!

Until next time...




Comments

  1. Prayers for your mom! Thank you for keeping us informed of her progress, warms my heart that she's moving in the right direction! Thinking of ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strength… #forthewrightreasons

August 21, 2019…it was just another time of crazy happening…this time to fix the 99% blockage in your heart. I was scared.  The odds were stacked against you. It was then that you held me in your arms, and comforted me instead of the other way around. You told me during that embrace that you weren’t scared of the outcome because either way you would be healed on earth or healed and in Heaven. My anxiety was so high and you held me as I cried…you did everything you could to reassure me that there was so much peace in your mind and heart and you showed me what true strength looked like.  We took this picture, because I was afraid it would be the last time I would get to see you. Through my tears you comforted me, as any mother would, but that day, you showed me what compassion felt like. You fought so hard those next few days - especially the next, when you coded from losing so much blood...you fought so hard the following 6 months for everything to be the best you could make it.  Little

Brooklyn's Drawing

My niece Brooklyn (4) drew this picture for nana...

December 31, 2012

Mom update (Monday): the doctor's keep saying she's doing well. She is breathing on her own for a while then when it becomes too laboring they turn on the oxygen to assist her but its only around 20%. Then they turn it off again and keep going back and forth. The X-rays are not showing any difference on the pneumonia. They say that this is to be expected though with her body being immunosuppressed ... (from the heart transplant). The cardiologist continues to monitor her heart function and says it's doing great! They are trying to give her lasiks to increase her outflow (which is how to get the pneumonia out) but when they do her blood pressure goes too low so they back off. They are optimistic and say it will just take time. Their first goal is to get her stabilized enough to take out the tube. As a family, we appreciate the continued prayers and thoughts. It's been tough knowing that when she does "wake up" that it will be a new year...but as my dad so wond