Skip to main content

January 7, 2013...Baby Steps

Mom's lungs and kidney's are improving. This afternoon the doctors even suggested that if her kidney's continue to do well then they will be looking into removing the tube they placed on January 1st for the dialysis. They are going to monitor for another day first though because they do not want to remove it and then have to go back and place it for any reason. This would be AMAZING!!!

Her memory and speech is still the same, but the doctors say that she will get back to normal with time. It's just frustrating because we don't know how much time. She had another visit with a neurologist today and she seemed to answer basic questions correctly, so that's good. I'm not sure of the results from yesterday's EEG yet, but I'm hoping to be able to share them with you tomorrow.

She did get to have her hair washed today! That's a plus...I know that when I was in the hospital having a baby the first time I felt "good" was after I was able to get my hair washed.

Unfortunately, not much other news to share today.

Until tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength… #forthewrightreasons

August 21, 2019…it was just another time of crazy happening…this time to fix the 99% blockage in your heart. I was scared.  The odds were stacked against you. It was then that you held me in your arms, and comforted me instead of the other way around. You told me during that embrace that you weren’t scared of the outcome because either way you would be healed on earth or healed and in Heaven. My anxiety was so high and you held me as I cried…you did everything you could to reassure me that there was so much peace in your mind and heart and you showed me what true strength looked like.  We took this picture, because I was afraid it would be the last time I would get to see you. Through my tears you comforted me, as any mother would, but that day, you showed me what compassion felt like. You fought so hard those next few days - especially the next, when you coded from losing so much blood...you fought so hard the following 6 months for everything to be the best you could make it.  Little

Brooklyn's Drawing

My niece Brooklyn (4) drew this picture for nana...

December 31, 2012

Mom update (Monday): the doctor's keep saying she's doing well. She is breathing on her own for a while then when it becomes too laboring they turn on the oxygen to assist her but its only around 20%. Then they turn it off again and keep going back and forth. The X-rays are not showing any difference on the pneumonia. They say that this is to be expected though with her body being immunosuppressed ... (from the heart transplant). The cardiologist continues to monitor her heart function and says it's doing great! They are trying to give her lasiks to increase her outflow (which is how to get the pneumonia out) but when they do her blood pressure goes too low so they back off. They are optimistic and say it will just take time. Their first goal is to get her stabilized enough to take out the tube. As a family, we appreciate the continued prayers and thoughts. It's been tough knowing that when she does "wake up" that it will be a new year...but as my dad so wond