Skip to main content

January 9, 2013

Things are gradually getting better.

The results of the EEG came back clear, which is good but they wanted to go ahead and do an MRI anyway. Dad found out this morning that it also came back clear.

The best news from yesterday is that the removed the tube that was needed for dialysis!! It is amazing to know that mom won't have to have dialysis for the rest of her life, as we've heard it's a real pain!

She continues to not eat or talk too much. She sees a physical therapist and a speech therapist to help her with her gross body movements and her speech.

I have a theory...now that all of the brain scan tests have shown there was no brain damage done while she was sedated.

Okay...here's my latest theory...she hasn't slept...other than a few power naps...for almost a week! I think that she's not eating because she's not able to feed herself and she's stubborn. I think her brain's not functioning correctly due to sleep deprivation and being malnourished. I honestly think that if she slept and ate that she would increase her functions greatly...she's just being stubborn.

I just wonder if those two things together would work! I would imagine that anyone would be delirious and hallucinating if they hadn't slept or ate in a week!!

So...I shared my theory this morning with my dad and this was his reply...

" I think you are correct. She had a pain pill last night and was asleep when I got here. Was not responsive to (the) dr when they came in. Now she is awake and completed a sentence to me. 'Please scratch my back.'
I think we are on the road now. Just will take more time."

Fyi: I believe what he intended to mean by "non responsive to dr" was that she was sleeping well enough that she stayed asleep.

This is good news! Now if she'll just get some good rest & eat, we may be able to get some great responses from her.

Until later...

Comments

  1. Candi and the rest of the "Wright" girls, and Rip: I'm so happy to hear that Mrs. Wright is making progress. I am still praying for her to have a full and speedy recovery! We love her and the rest of you all! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strength… #forthewrightreasons

August 21, 2019…it was just another time of crazy happening…this time to fix the 99% blockage in your heart. I was scared.  The odds were stacked against you. It was then that you held me in your arms, and comforted me instead of the other way around. You told me during that embrace that you weren’t scared of the outcome because either way you would be healed on earth or healed and in Heaven. My anxiety was so high and you held me as I cried…you did everything you could to reassure me that there was so much peace in your mind and heart and you showed me what true strength looked like.  We took this picture, because I was afraid it would be the last time I would get to see you. Through my tears you comforted me, as any mother would, but that day, you showed me what compassion felt like. You fought so hard those next few days - especially the next, when you coded from losing so much blood...you fought so hard the following 6 months for everything to be the best you could make it.  Little

Brooklyn's Drawing

My niece Brooklyn (4) drew this picture for nana...

December 31, 2012

Mom update (Monday): the doctor's keep saying she's doing well. She is breathing on her own for a while then when it becomes too laboring they turn on the oxygen to assist her but its only around 20%. Then they turn it off again and keep going back and forth. The X-rays are not showing any difference on the pneumonia. They say that this is to be expected though with her body being immunosuppressed ... (from the heart transplant). The cardiologist continues to monitor her heart function and says it's doing great! They are trying to give her lasiks to increase her outflow (which is how to get the pneumonia out) but when they do her blood pressure goes too low so they back off. They are optimistic and say it will just take time. Their first goal is to get her stabilized enough to take out the tube. As a family, we appreciate the continued prayers and thoughts. It's been tough knowing that when she does "wake up" that it will be a new year...but as my dad so wond