Skip to main content

You didn't even know...

To the lady that was in front of me in the Chick-fil-a drive thru...
As far as I know, you don't know me.
You didn't know that it took me over 40 minutes to decide that going to grab a quick lunch instead of leftovers (again) wasn't going to make me a bad wife or mommy.
You didn't know that I took out my calculator to see if I could even afford a $10 gluten free lunch option.
You didn't know that it was going to be the last $10 on the gift card we received from my sister for Christmas.
You didn't know that I made the decision this past year to quit my full time career to be a stay at home mom because my 3 children really needed more of their mommy.
You didn't know that I spent most of my morning praying for a way to get through the financial mess we've created for ourselves over the past 12 years of marriage.
You didn't know that I'm super worried about my mom, who has overcome so many medical complications, once again faces another surgery in a week.
You didn't know that I have had one of the hardest mommy weeks ever with the things going on with my kids at school.
You didn't know that this year I chose the word restore as my word...
You didn't even know....but...Here's what you did know....
You knew that what seemed to be your simple gesture of paying for my meal, would make my day, despite not knowing what was going on!
You showed me a glimpse of restoration...of hope...a reminder that God is in control of all these things. You reminded me that there are amazing people in this world. You were a messenger from God to remind me that He is definitely in control of all the things you didn't even know....
Thank you just doesn't seem like enough...but it really is. For some reason you not only felt in that moment that God asked you to do something, but you followed through on His request. Not many people will actually do that. Thank you for all the reminders of the things that you didn't even know...
You have helped me remember the passion and fun it is to simply write things down and share what's on my mind. You, following God's request today, have helped show me that 2017 will indeed be a year of restoration for my family.
Romans 15: 1-13 says,
"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”[a] For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews[b] on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written:
“Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles;
    I will sing the praises of your name.”[c]
    let all the peoples extol him.”[e]
    one who will arise to rule over the nations;
    in him the Gentiles will hope.”[f]

10 Again, it says,
“Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.”[d]
11 And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles;
12 And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
To the lady at the Chick-fil-a drive thru....
You didn't even know...
God Bless you....and Thank you!
-Candi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength… #forthewrightreasons

August 21, 2019…it was just another time of crazy happening…this time to fix the 99% blockage in your heart. I was scared.  The odds were stacked against you. It was then that you held me in your arms, and comforted me instead of the other way around. You told me during that embrace that you weren’t scared of the outcome because either way you would be healed on earth or healed and in Heaven. My anxiety was so high and you held me as I cried…you did everything you could to reassure me that there was so much peace in your mind and heart and you showed me what true strength looked like.  We took this picture, because I was afraid it would be the last time I would get to see you. Through my tears you comforted me, as any mother would, but that day, you showed me what compassion felt like. You fought so hard those next few days - especially the next, when you coded from losing so much blood...you fought so hard the following 6 months for everything to be the best you could make it.  Little

Brooklyn's Drawing

My niece Brooklyn (4) drew this picture for nana...

December 31, 2012

Mom update (Monday): the doctor's keep saying she's doing well. She is breathing on her own for a while then when it becomes too laboring they turn on the oxygen to assist her but its only around 20%. Then they turn it off again and keep going back and forth. The X-rays are not showing any difference on the pneumonia. They say that this is to be expected though with her body being immunosuppressed ... (from the heart transplant). The cardiologist continues to monitor her heart function and says it's doing great! They are trying to give her lasiks to increase her outflow (which is how to get the pneumonia out) but when they do her blood pressure goes too low so they back off. They are optimistic and say it will just take time. Their first goal is to get her stabilized enough to take out the tube. As a family, we appreciate the continued prayers and thoughts. It's been tough knowing that when she does "wake up" that it will be a new year...but as my dad so wond